Thursday, August 12, 2010

First Post

So, I've been really bored the last couple of days and finally broke down and decided to make a blog! Since a lot of my friends have decided to blog, I didn't want to be left out :)! Especially since most of you reading this are far away from me now :(! Anywho, I have no idea what I'm doing really so any input would be helpful.

Like I said earlier, I have been so bored for the last few days.  So I've been home all week cleaning and laying out and there's only so much of that I can do before I go a little stir crazy (hence the new blog!).

Moving on, wedding planning is getting more and more intense as we approach the 5 month countdown. I'm just ready for January to get here. I've been planning long enough! Speaking of, my mother just called to ask why I care about certain details and not others....I mean really? There are too many details to get wrapped up in each one! I just want to get married. Period. But enough about that....the lady from Low's called today and said that my wedding dress has come in and she's shipping it to me today!!!! Wahooo! I was a little nervous that something would go wrong with that process! It is getting shipped to my mom's house in Tupelo, so I won't get to open it and try it on until I go home at the end of this month! That should be an exciting and busy time as I have my Grandfather's 89th birthday, meeting with the reception venue (Park Heights), my first shower!!!!, and other miscellaneous wedding duties to tie up including meeting with the wedding planner! In a way, I didn't think I needed a planner because I'm pretty good at getting things done but since I'm so far away and don't really feel like being stressed and making all of the millions of phone calls, I got a planner! Well, technically, my aunt got me a planner but same thing!

Moving on to life in Houston; it is CRAZY humid here! Now, I am used to crazy hot Mississippi weather and even some humidity but this is insane! You know it is humid when there isn't a cloud in the sky and its raining because of all of the moisture in the air! That's what you get for living in a "coastal city" in the South! Houston is huge....and I do mean HUGE! I drove to Sugar Land the other day (suburb of Houston) and it took me over an hour just to get across the city! Luckily, I don't have to go into the city if I don't want to so it's nice. For a while, I never got out of Fall Creek (my neighborhood) because everything I needed was right here! Except for the Galleria! I finally made the trek to the Galleria with my new friend Christin (who also went to Ole Miss, coincidence!!). It was amazing! We stayed until it closed! It was a little overwhelming though! Chris gets nervous when I go there, which, I can definitely understand! But lately, I'm trying not to spend a whole lot on things other than wedding stuff and necessities! I'm doing okay....actually that is a lie. I'm not a good saver! Never have been, never will be! Credit cards are out to get me and I'm a sucker every time! I actually just got suckered in to buying that Perfect Skin stuff the Kardashian's promote. I may need an intervention.

Well, that's enough for now. That's a long post but it's my first one so there you go! Hopefully, I'll get some pics up soon! I don't have the best camera so I don't really take a lot of pics these days! Maybe since I'm a blogger now, that will change! Tata! xoxoxo

1 comment: