Monday, August 16, 2010

Rise and Shine....



I always wondered why people said that....because when I rise, I definitely do NOT shine. It takes me a while and a cup of coffee to shine. And now, I am addicted to my Keurig coffee maker that makes french toast flavored coffee....delish! Anyways, I won't be blogging about coffee so let's move on. So this weekend, I wanted to go downtown and look around since I've only driven through part of it. Well, that didn't really go according to plan. 1. It was so dang hot and humid that I didn't want to walk, I just wanted to find something to drink. 2. Chris parked close to MinuteMaid Park so we'd be close to the Astros game later which means far away from Market Square and Theatre District and pretty much everywhere I wanted to go. 3. We only had like an hour before the game started so not much time to make the hike to Market Square.  But I assure you, come hell or high water, I will make it around downtown and see everything. Chris doesn't understand what my interest is in seeing all of Houston (Which will take a few years I'm sure as it is so big). I keep telling him that I just want to see and know about where I live. I like to explore and would do it on my own and have in several locations but not downtown. I would like to live to see tomorrow! So....with that being said, maybe I'll make it back downtown sooner rather than later.

Like I said earlier, we went to an Astros game on Saturday and had fantastic tickets! Four rows up on the home dugout! Considering I've never been a fan of the Astros or the Pirates (who they played), I was still pretty stoked to be that close! MinuteMaid Park is unbelievable and I was so happy to be indoors in air conditioning! Even though it is kind of weird to play baseball inside, in my opinion but whatever. I'm just ready for football season to start! Both college and NFL because I can actually go see my first NFL game this year! The Colts and the Giants are coming to Houston and you better believe I plan to attend! And, I will not be wearing a Houston jersey! :) But thinking about football makes me sad because this will be the first year out of many that I won't make every Ole Miss home game. We probably will only make one :(! But we are going to the LSU game in Baton Rouge since it's only 5 hours from us!

Moving on....every weekend is pretty much filled up after next weekend. All the way up until January 22 (wedding day!). Speaking of weddings, it seems like I went through a phase where all of my friends got married in the same time frame and now Chris' friends are doing the same. Chris is in 2 weddings back in Cape in the fall and another one of his friends just got engaged this summer so who knows when they'll get married. So with all the parties for them, our wedding stuff, and work, it's gonna be a busy rest of the year! Time is flying and I don't mind it but after January 22, I hope it slows down a bit! I'm just ready to be done with all the planning and see it all come together! Plus, I'm ready for the honeymoon! I need a tropical vacation!

There are so many things that I want to do but won't allow myself to until after the wedding. I keep thinking of things I want to save up for (that will be difficult as I am a horrible saver), but it just doesn't seem feasible until February or so. Things I will attempt to save for:
1. A new car (yes, I've already been looking and found exactly what I want... I'm getting anxious)
2. A new dining room set because the one we have is not exactly my taste :) (It was Chris' parents)
3. A Mac Desktop (Don't need it, just want it)
4. A big comfy chair (For my "study" because it looks empty :( )
5. Patio furniture....we don't have much!

Well, that's it for now....posting some pics from the weekend below! Enjoy!


Driving into Downtown
Minute Maid Park


In our seats


First Pitch



Part of the Skyline at night








1 comment:

  1. I hope you enjoyed your hotdog and I am supa excited to see you in like less than two weeks! yipeee! :)

    ReplyDelete