Thursday, August 19, 2010

Ho Hum....Just another day

Well, let's see where to start today.... I guess I'll start with the fact that summer is almost over (Yay! I LOVE fall!) Not to mention that this heat has GOT TO GO! Plus that means it is boot season...my fav! I know, I sound like a diva right now but seriously. I've heard that fall here still consists of heat and humidity until the end of November...ugh. But that's not really much of a change from where I came from. Mississsippi weather is so unpredictable...it could be 85 and sunny in November or 60 and raining or 40 and dreary. You never know. As for our wedding date....we'll just see what mother nature brings. I'm hoping for cold and no rain. I don't want to sweat at all but we'll see. Maybe it will snow! Yeah, right.....that never happens! Anyway, enough about the weather. This week I have been trying to decide on groom's cake ideas and flavors. There are so many flavors that look yummo to choose from but I think we'll just go with chocolate. That's classic! This is really the first thing Chris and I disagreed on....He wants cupcakes! Whatever....his cake, his choice. So we'll see what happens with that on January 22.

So, since I'm waiting on job information and corporate mumbo jumbo to happen, I've been stuck at the house with Maggie and Annie all day, every day. Except yesterday, I went to Baytown and there isn't crap there! I had to go for a training thing. Back to being bored....I think it's funny how when you are working or at school all the time, all you want is time off. But when you're not and have absolutely nothing to do....you crave anything to keep you busy. Hence, this blog! I'm not really the type to hang around the house, watching t.v. and sleep late. I've always been a morning person (except in college, but there are reasons for that!) and never really watched a lot of t.v. unless you count Full House reruns and the occasional True Blood. I usually just wait till shows come out on DVD and watch them then on my own time. My schedule these days is pretty boring....it usually goes somewhat like this: wake up, make coffee and dog's breakfast, check e-mail, facebook, twitter, etc., lay out (I don't like going to the pool in our neighborhood so I lay out in the backyard which is kind of creepy cause neighbors have their blinds open and it weirds me out so I hide). After that, find lunch and figure out something to occupy my time. I just bought a book and finished it in one day....that's how bored I am!

Enough about that, I actually have something to do tonight! Going to "Thirsty Thursday" at Rico's! Yum! We designate nights like that..."Margarita Monday", "Thirsty Thursday", you get the idea. I love going out in Houston because you never know what you are going to see. For example, many people here (women and men) love to wear the Ed Hardy gear from head to toe. I mean studded purses, shoes, belts, bracelets, you name it...it's studded. Not exactly my style. Also, the skinny jeans with huge shoes that make your feet look massive and not to mention ugly is big with the younger crowd here.  Not here to judge...just being observant. That is not a "trend" (if you want to call it that) that I will be following. Well that's enough to report for now....Oh I forgot...I'm posting some pics of the girls for fun!

Love this...even thought our faces are cut off






No comments:

Post a Comment