Monday, August 23, 2010

Time Flies...

Yesterday, I was reminded that our wedding is in 5 months! Time is flying! Wooohooo.....can't wait!
This week should be interesting, one of Chris' friends is coming to visit/stay and then I leave for Tupelo on Thursday. I'm driving so that probably won't be much fun but I'm excited to see my family and friends. And, it is Pappaw's 89th birthday!!!! I love that man. He is hysterical. Anyways, we had a fun weekend and were more social than usual. Going out 2 nights in a row is a big accomplishment for us! Friday we went and ate yummy Italian with Kristen and Andrew (Kristen was one of the first people I met when I moved to Houston and Andrew is her husband who happens to work for ExxonMobil also but not in the same area as Chris). Then on Saturday, we went to Kate and Kyle's house for her birthday party. We ended up playing corn hole and I'm not half bad! Since I'm really competitive, I was getting supper excited when we came from behind to beat the boys until my partner had a bad round :(! It was fun though!

So, on a different note...it's funny the things you miss from home when you move. I always thought I'd miss the usual (Mom, sister, dogs, friends, etc.) but not food! It's funny that I have an abundance of restaurants to choose from here and I always say, "I wish I could go to China Capital or Danvers." I would love a chicken and biscuit from Connie's! :) Chris always wonders why food is what I miss most...especially since there are a lot of choices here. So guess where I'll be eating when I go back to Tupelo this week?

1 comment:

  1. I miss Newks and Abners and Ajax and the square in general!

    ReplyDelete