Sunday, September 19, 2010

Busy times

Where do I begin?

I will start with this week. I started my new job and am so exhausted! :) But in a good way, just trying to get back in the routine of work schedules and such. After being discouraged for a while about Texas not recognizing my MS counseling license/ degree and wanting me to teach for 2 years, I decided to look for jobs that I would actually enjoy or use my undergrad degree in. So, I began my search and found lots of opportunities but was still hesitant about them. Then, one random day a week and a half ago, I was looking for invitations for a party in Houston and the cutest website came up. For those of you who don't know, I love invitations, paper, stationary, cutesy/artsy stuff so I randomly buy this stuff all the time. After looking through a lot of their stuff, I realized that this wasn't a store, it was a company that designs and creates them and then ships them out to stores/ online vendors. Then I noticed that they had a "career opportunity" tab and so I just clicked on it and sure enough, they had a job opening. I e-mailed my resume and cover letter and that afternoon, they called for an interview! When I wasn't looking for a job, I found one! Come to find out, they had just posted the job opening that morning because the girl before me had just quit. What luck! SO....I interviewed and got the job. Started last Monday and was extremely overwhelmed.... still am! There is a lot to learn and so much to do. It is very fast paced and hectic but the people are great and the atmosphere is fun. I just hope that I catch on quick! I hate not knowing what I'm doing.

So when Friday rolled around, I was EXHAUSTED! Chris had flown out to Cape (Cape Girardeau,Missouri, his hometown) on Thursday night for his friend Walter's wedding. So Friday, I went to Hasta La Pasta with Kristen and it was delish! There are so many restaurants I have to try here! I couldn't stay out long though because I was fighting off falling asleep all during dinner. Saturday was actually pretty productive! I got my hair done at The Conservatory ( the best place on earth!) and ran errands. Sometimes it is nice having time to yourself to get stuff done and relax but Chris has been traveling so much lately that I'm starting to get sick of time to myself. Every weekend is booked up pretty much until after our wedding...ugh. Next weekend, we are going to my boss' son's birthday party...who will be turning 1. He is so stinkin' cute! The next weekend is another wedding in Cape, and so it goes (why I named my blog what I named it!)

Hopefully I can make it home to Tupelo sooner rather than later. But with starting a new job, I don't really feel like I can take off work too much. October, November, and December will be super busy travel months for us as we have weddings, parties, holidays, football games, etc. I don't know how I will get all this stuff done! Wish me luck....and patience and maybe a few extra hours in the day????

No comments:

Post a Comment