Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Catch Up Time

So I have been slacking on the blog lately so this post may get a little long! :)

Where to start? Well, I haven't blogged since before I went to Tupelo for the weekend 2 weeks ago so i'll start with that. I went to Tup the last week in August to visit with my Pappaw for his 89th!!!!! birthday and for my Around the House Shower. Yes, I said 89 which means he'll soon be at the big nine o soon! I was so happy to see him. When asked what he wanted to do for his birthday, he told Alex (my cousin) that he wanted to go home for a day and eat cornbread! Ha! Since he is living in the nursing home, having a "party" at his house was something different. So we packed up some food, drinks, and headed out to what I consider the country if there is really any country in Tupelo anymore. When we get out there, what is the first thing I see? Pappaw riding on his lawn mower!!! Now, that may not seem to be a big deal but with an 89 year old man who can't walk and has one arm...that is HUGE! He was smiling from ear to ear and I almost started crying!


Pappaw on his lawn mower!

So, that was awesome! Moving on, it was a busy week/weekend in Tup as I met with our wedding planner, went to Park Heights to discuss our menu, and many other details. Then it was Sunday which meant, Shower time! My first shower and I was actually nervous being new at this and all. Anyway, my bridesmaids from Tupelo and Rachael (not from Tupelo but an honorary Tupelonian :) ) gave me an Around the House shower. I didn't expect to get that much stuff! Y'all are the Best!!!! Here are a few pics from the shower, my sister has most of the good ones on her camera.



Opening Gifts! I think this was my Crystal Bowl...




Love these ladies....



Yummy cupcakes by Mary Henson! She's doing my cake for the wedding too!


So, then it was back to Texas! I came back and have been busy ever since! Our wedding invitations came in, among many other packages that were shipped from people who couldn't come to the shower. A lot of my friends these days are out of towners like me so it's hard to come to stuff. It's a bummer but life goes on! So after writing thank you notes, getting our invitations ready to be addressed, getting pictures together for our slideshow, cleaning since I was gone for 5 days, and just catching up on sleep, I was a busy girl. Then Saturday comes and it's time for Ole Miss Football! Yay! I woke up and Chris was up and dressed in his "Grove attire" and yelling "Go to Hell LSU!" Needless to say, we were excited but extremely sad as this was the first game we've missed in years! :( So, Christin and Bob (fellow Ole Miss alums here in Houston) came over to watch the game and low and behold we lost to Jacksonville State. Lovely.....So embarassing. After that game, I needed a drink and bad so we head over to Kristen and Andrew's house for dinner and more football. I seriously felt like I was in college again, just minus some great friends! After some beer pong, flip cup, and circle of death it was my time to go home. I'm too old for this! But loved and needed every minute of it! That lead to an incredibly lazy rest of the weekend.

Chris will be leaving tomorrow to recruit at University of Texas and then on to New Orleans for Josh's Bachelor Party and maybe the Ole Miss game vs. Tulane. Maybe my rebs can pull this one off! Fingers crossed. So what am I going to do the rest of the week and weekend all by myself? NOTHING! I plan on doing absolutely nothing and relaxing. Hopefully! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment